Crest Advanced White Strips

Brenda Starrr

I used the Rembrandt one that is a gel in a mouth tray type of thing and I swear I felt and saw a crack in the surface of one of my teeth while in the 2 hour process of using it on and off for 20 minutes. The result was great and I think there was some sensitivity afterward, but it quickly dissipated.

My dentist has looked at my teeth following and assured me otherwise. He says that in no way will the OTC whiteners damage the enamel on the tooth and encourages the use of whiteners if so desired.

I hated those damn things! Laying on my back with cotton mouth so they wouldn't come off during......they slide around, give too much tooth sensetivity for the little whitening you do get.....

Use the natural white kit (more $$ but so worth it) with the trays as it gets front, back and all teeth at once, you only need to use it one time once in a great while and less sensetivity. I use sensodyne and the monthly treatment for sensetivity anyway as I have real sensetive teeth, but hell yah the bleach hurts your teeth. Even the dentist stuff does.

I wanna try these.  Are they pricey?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$33.00

Those are the one brand I haven't tried yet, and I've tried just about all of them.

I plan on getting my teeth whitened, professionaly, when I get my tax $$ back. But I suppose I could try these before I get it done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the Nite White system from my dentist. I paid over $200.00 for it, and didn't get the results that I get from these. I'd suggest that you save your money.

$33.00

I had the Nite White system from my dentist. I paid over $200.00 for it, and didn't get the results that I get from these. I'd suggest that you save your money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a new procedure they have in the denist's office. It's called Zoom and from what I experianced, it's awesome.

Last month, at the dentist, I over heard a patient and an assistant talking about it. They were in the room next to me. The patient just got her teeth whitened using the Zoom system. I guess she's a heavey smoker, nasty yellow/brown teeth. When she left the office that day, her teeth were whiter than white.

So with that much proof, I have to try it! :tongue:

I want my teeth white like this little guy ~~~> :grin

My dentist made custom molded trays for my teeth and has me using something called "Nu-Radiance" gel. It's twice a day for 30 minutes for 2 weeks and then as needed. It's supposed to be formulated to work really fast so it doesn't make your teeth sensitive and so far I've had really good fast results with no sensitivity at all.

It's important to do the toothbrushing and the flossing only after your treatment and not before so your teeth won't get that sensitivity problem.

I'm not sure of the cost - you can only get it at the dentist and he gives the custom trays and gel refills to all of his patients free as long as they are on time for all appointments and keep up the every-6-month cleanings and checkups. (Brilliant plan for keeping patients loyal IMO). I really like this guy and he has done a great job on my teeth.

ah - I found it on the web. Send your dentist here, hehe.

http://www.nuradiance.com/

• 5 years later...